Our Schools Linking Program has been running since 2011, and we work with schools in the UK, U.S.A, Canada, Australia, Uganda, Southern Sudan, Kenya and Tanzania to create appropriately matched long-lasting links between schools. Through international (Canada, Asutralia, UK and U.S.A) schools fundraising efforts, money is spent directly on their partner school in Africa. Both schools, in the partnership learn more about each other and about global cultures, and Hope Development Volunteers supports schools to do this through creative and educational means.
The main points about our program are:
• We link schools in Australia, Canada, UK and U.S.A with schools in and around Africa. The link is based on an educational and cultural exchange through writing letters and sharing photos and films, from which both schools will benefit.
• We send regular email newsletters to keep all teachers involved in the program up to date on news and events.
• We provide information sessions in Australia, Canada, UK, U.S.A and African schools, to encourage and support them in the link.
• We support schools that have been linked for six months to apply for reciprocal visit funding grants from possible funding agencies and facilitate visits.
• In addition, we ask all our schools to raise a minimum of £1000 per year or $2500 for their partner school (every penny goes to their partner school) and receive fundraising certificates and photo/details showing how the funds have been spent.
• For more information and the opportunity to join the schools linking program and link with a school in Africa, Australia, Canada or U.K and U.S.A, or to find out details of recent successful visits to Africa, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or Call Us: