UYWEFA is a humanitarian NGO .it’s the nerve centre of the community for its handles activities that effect almost everyone .It has the necessary contacts for getting all the required resources for development work; It is based in Wakiso and other neighbouring districts ,near the city of power to influence resources and policy decisions .The organization has valuable human resource with high trained ,qualified and experienced man power which can be tapped for development .it is currently operating in kazoo ward, Nasana town council , Wakiso district
In the efforts to address the problem of people living with HIV/AIDS. UYWEFA established A needs care and support activity PLHA and orphans. It is located kazo ward parish Nansana s/county in Wakiso District. It is a CBO registered at the district community Development Department.
The overall goal is to reveal the venerable person of poverty, sickness and distress, advance education and provide assistance in the interest of social welfare with the aim of improving the condition of life in Uganda for the poor living with HIV/AIDS (PLWHA)
- VOCATIONLA TRAINING FOR PHAS
We have provided vocational training to give people within the community with skills to find employment. We still need volunteers in IT, tailoring and carpentry.
List of items required
10 Sewing Machines
5 Knitting Machines
3 Carpentry Kits
20 Boxes of HIV Testing Kits
- Facilitating voluntary and diagnostic HIV counselling and testing in collaboration with KIFAD and A-Z Children charity
- Training health care and social workers in the community about HIV/AIDS counselling, couples counselling, family counselling, and child counselling
- Providing on-going psychosocial support counseling to persons living with HIV/AIDS, surviving parents, orphans and other vulnerable children, other caregivers.
- Working with community leaders and faith leaders to provide psychosocial support services that promote ‘positive living’ among children, adolescents and adults living with HIV/AIDS in the community
- Re-sourcing a demonstration carpentry workshop at the project site to provide carpentry products for partners (area schools) and clients; as well as serve as a vocational training site for area youth and men
- Facilitating the provision of farming tools, machinery and environmentally friendly fertilizer to improve the efficiency and quality of subsistence farming in the community, while investigating the feasibility of irrigation farming
“Where knowledge is shared”
Through its education centre Uganda Youth and Women’s Effort Fighting AIDS (UYWEFA) aims to provide quality education to those that have not been able to access basic education because of the effects of HIV/AIDS on their lives.
- To provide good quality, basic education to those in the community of Kazo who have been unable to access education because of the effects of HIV/AIDS on their households.
- To refer those in need of HIV/AIDS healthcare to partnering organisations so they can access comprehensive treatment and other services at a low cost.
- Empower households that are unable to generate an income because of the effects of HIV/AIDS on their family.
- To train and develop volunteers with skills to help the community and to access the labour market.
- To establish a model of good practice that UYWEFA can spread to other parts of Wakiso District.
You will have the opportunity to try different roles and projects, dependent on your interests and skills. These volunteer opportunities do not require specialized skills (although these would be an advantage), and we accept volunteers for both short and long-term placements, all the year round. Volunteers certainly gain an amazing life experience from their participation in our placement program. On first arrival, most volunteers sample all the projects before selecting the tasks that suit them best.
You just have to let us know where you want to go and we will take you there and information is available for you. The type of work you are involved with will be dependent on your interests, abilities, level of experience as well as your comfort levels.
One of the advantages of the Community Development project is that you are not limited to one job role and will have the opportunity to ‘sample’ other roles during your placement. To become involved in another projects simply inform a member of staff who will happily make any necessary arrangements.
Volunteer work side by side the locals’ on-going brick construction and water building projects in the community. Volunteers needed for manual labor jobs working alongside skilled and unskilled local workers.
Some tasks include farming, pig rearing, construction of the volunteer center, expansion, water well building and renovation work. Volunteers do not need prior experience, but skilled workers are very welcome. This is a very hand on, hands dirty sort of program. Enthusiasm, a good sense of humor and helping spirit are required.
For More information about UYWEFA and how you can volunteer and make a difference please write to:
Mr. Ronald Baganda